How To Select A Deep Bathtub For The Ultimate Soaking Experience?
Aquatica designs and manufactures decadently deep bathtubs with beautiful modern and contemporary styles to suit a variety of bathroom design requirements. We are the market leader of deep, immersive baths, and several of our bathtub models feature class-leading water depth with an overflow of 19.75 inches. Aquatica offers a wide range of deep bathtubs for sale online with different styles, sizes,
and price options available. Our deep bathtubs are ergonomically designed to ensure ultimate comfort and support for one or
. You can also add therapeutic high-tech features, such as chromotherapy and
air massage jets
for an additional cost to create your very own exclusive home spa wellness space.
What Is A Soaking Tub?
A soaking tub is deeper than the average bathtub. This type of bathtub features enough space and depth to allow the bather to fully submerge the entire body in warm water. This ensures a truly relaxing and enjoyable soaking experience.
Why Is Water Depth A Critical Consideration?
Water depth is important, as a deeper tub allows you to emerge your full body, enhancing your relaxation levels. Low cost bathtubs for sale online are not necessarily suitable for all shapes and sizes, but a high-quality deep bathtub can provide a therapeutic bathing experience for all bathers. Well-designed and engineered soaking bathtubs are typically 18 inches or deeper. Soaking tubs should be ergonomically designed to provide the most comfortable full-body bathing experience. Ergonomically designed soaking tubs follow the body’s shape to ensure ultimate comfort and support for the entire body.
What Should I Consider When Buying A Soaking Tub?
- First, you should consider the NET bathing depth. This is the distance from the inner bath bottom to the overflow opening. Soaking bathtubs are designed for long, comfortable soaks, so they must be deeper and more comfortable.
- It is important to research the company that is importing, designing, and manufacturing the bathtub. Most bathtubs, which are imported from Asia tend to be approximately 13-15" bottom to overflow. Be careful of Asian importers who sell low price products of unclear origin with no design or engineering. Make sure the bathtub is not made of toxic or uncured chemicals. On the other hand, European manufacturers tend to specialize in selling shallow designs that are not suitable for the North American market. Also, beware, that not all Italian bathtub brands are the actual manufacturers, so do your homework first and ask questions!
- You should also look for useful guides and sophisticated 3D testing tools such as the
Aquatica Bath Seating App
. You can create an avatar to match your body type, allowing you to test-ride the product.
- Always make sure your doors, stairs and passages are wide enough to bring the bathtub to its intended location inside the house or complex.
- Ensure you have enough structural floor support for your new and
very deep bathtub
. As a rule of thumb, the floor under the bath must provide sufficient support for a minimum of 1400 lbs. (635 kg).
- Ensure an adequate hot water supply. As a rule of thumb, the hot water tank should be 70% of bathtub capacity or higher.
How Deep Is A Typical Soaking Bathtub?
Most bathtubs for sale, which are imported from Asia tend to be approximately 13-15" bottom to overflow. Soaking tubs should offer a depth of at least 17-18" or more to allow you to submerge your whole body.
Different Types Of Deep Bathtubs
Japanese Soaking Tubs
: The concept of sitting and soaking in a deep tub originates in Japan. The Aquatica True Ofuro solid surface bathtub is compact, deep and includes a built-in seat. This modern adaptation of the traditional Japanese tub features a water depth to the overflow of 26" for the single bather model, and 27.75" for the two bather True Ofuro Duo model. These exceptionally designed deep bathtubs provide you with the ultimate hot soaking and relaxation experience.
Deep Heated Bathtubs
: Deep bathtubs featuring a hot tub style water temperature control system and temperature adjustment function allow you to create your very own home spa experience. In addition to
, circulation, and ozone purification, this advanced product line features a chromotherapy system and
Bluetooth music system
for your ultimate enjoyment.
- Art Nouveau Bathtubs: Deep bathtubs featuring Art Nouveau inspired aesthetics effortlessly combine the decadence of a deep, vintage soaking tub with a sleek, modern appeal and unmatched soaking depth of 19.75 inches. Aquaticas'
Lillian and Lillian Mini
models are excellent examples of this type of deep bathtub.
- Ultra-compact Baths: This is an innovative bathtub, which is compact in size, but provides a comfortable soak with sculpted back-support. At only 57", our
bath is 20" deep to overflow and features an integrated back-rest.
What Length Should A Deep Bathtub Be?
The length of the deep bathtub depends on your bathroom size and design. Aquatica's deep bathtubs are available in a variety of shapes and sizes to match your design requirements and personal needs. While 60" is considered the "standard" tub size, we offer deep, well-designed, and engineered functional bathtubs that are as short as 43" and will fit almost in any space where no other tub can go.
We have a variety of attractive models that are 51, 55, 57, 60, 61, 63, 72, and 74 inches long. If a large 72" bathtub fits your space, then buy it!
Bathtub width is also important, and we have models with 27, 32, 33, 35, 36, 38, 40, and 43" widths available.